Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 20 minutes, serves 2
- 250 gms small prawns/shrimps
- 150ml coconut milk
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato (or paste)
- 2 red chillies
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste and 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp vegetable or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon fenugreek seeds/sauf
- 8-10 curry leaves, fresh or dried
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- ½ tsp cracked black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon taramind
Wash and devein prawns/shrimps and marinade it with turmeric, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp garlic, pinch of red chilli, pinch of salt. Marinade for 10-15 minutes.
Grind garlic, red chilli, fenugreek, coriander seeds and peppercorn
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and sautee until pink (we made a paste of the onion)
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes on high flame
- Add turmeric the ground masala
- Once the gravy turns brown, add coconut milk
- In the end add curry leaves, prawns and salt and cook for 5 minutes till prawns become white.
- Serve with rice/ parotta.
Please make sure not to over marinade or overcook prawns, just 4-5 minutes are sufficient.